Bathing your dog isn’t just good for their hygiene, it’s also an excellent chance to check for unusual scratches, bumps, fleas and other abnormalities. These things are easier to see when their hair is wet and flat against their body.
But how often should you wash your puppy? There are a few factors that determine your pup’s bath routine:
- Hair Length: Does your dog have long hair that can trap dirt and debris? Or are they short haired and less susceptible to getting grimy?
- Activity Level: A dog who is mostly indoors and stays out of trouble when they’re outside is probably cleaner than a dog who likes to dig holes, play in the park, roll in waste or go swimming.
- Allergies and Skin Conditions: Some dogs have skin allergies or other health conditions that make them prone to needing a bath more or less frequently. Learn more about dog skin problems.
- At a minimum, it’s advised to bathe your dog at least once every three months. You can wash your dog as frequently as every other week (with gentle shampoo, it could be even more frequent). When in doubt, use your judgment — if your dog starts to smell, it’s probably time for a bath.
Is it bad to bathe your dog every week? It can be. Your dog needs natural oils produced by the skin to promote hair growth. Plus over bathing can cause irritation and dryness. So don’t overdo it!
Here are some dog shampoo recommended by petshop.ph which are very affordable!
- With Botanical Extracts
- Cleans, Conditions & Protects Hair Replenishes Moisture
- Conditions as it Cleans
- Moisturizes and Protects
Excellent for routine bathing to help you control body odors.
In one easy step, this unique shampoo gently cleans, conditions and moisturizes. The extra conditioning formula contains botanical extracts of natural Charmomile, ChinaBark and poplar buds to condition, moisture and protect the coat. Helps prevent mats and tangles. Leaves hair shiny,manageable and full of body.
SENTRY Non-Toxic Dog & Cat Herbal Shampoo 250ml for all Breeds
with Antiparasitic, Antifungal, Antiseptic, Deodorizing, Fur Conditioning properties.
Application: (Direct) Wet the coat with water. (Warm water is preferred on long-haired pets) Pour small amount of shampoo on the mid-dorsal area of your pet from the head to the base of the tail. Rub thoroughly from the head down to tail with much attention to the areas frequented by parasites, bald spots and wounds. For severe parasitic infestation, rinse the following day after application. For light to moderate cases leave on thecaoat for 30 mins., before rinsing. If sponge or cotton rag is used in bathing, dilute the shampoo in 1:20 ratio.
Ingredients: Shampoo base, Patchouli Oil, Pepermint Oil, Lavender Oil and Madre de Cacao Extract, CDEA as natural surfactant.
- healthy skin and fur pH Balance of 7
- for adult dogs and puppies
- with vitamin E for softer and shinier fur
- with sunflower oil for moisturized skin
SOAP FREE, leaves your dog's coat clean,silky soft, and tangle free
Our Dog® Aloe Vera Shampoo is a safe, gentle shampoo enriched with pure Aloe Vera. The shampoo uniquely formulated to cleanse and hydrate your pet's coat.
Directions: Apply to wet hair, work gently but thoroughly into your dog's coat. Rinse well and repeat if necessary. Towel dry and brush the dog's coat when dry. Follow this by using Our Dog® Extra Moisture Conditioner.