Top Tips for Keeping Your Pets Safe During a Disaster
- If it’s not safe for you to stay in your home during an emergency, it’s not safe for them either!
- Include supplies for your pet in your emergency kit, or assemble an emergency kit for your pet.
- Make an evacuation plan for you and your pets. Many hotels and shelters do not accept animal guests, other than service animals.
Assemble an Emergency Kit for Your Pet
Keep items in an accessible place and store them in sturdy containers so that they can be carried easily.
Your kit should include:
- Sturdy leashes, harnesses and/or carriers to transport pets safely and ensure that they can’t escape.
- Medications and copies of medical records stored in a waterproof container.
- A first aid kit.
- Current photos of you with your pet(s) in case they get lost. Since many pets look alike, this will help to eliminate mistaken identity and confusion.
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to foster or board your pets.
- Pet beds and toys, if easily transportable.
All these items can easily be found in petshop.ph