There is a famous saying by Anatole France that always rings a bell whenever I see dogs and babies bonding, it is “until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains un-awakened”. A dog and a child are capable of creating a special bond that nothing and nobody could ever break which goes through great lengths.
The importance of having a bond between pets and a child is one of the greatest experiences any individual could have. Because of the unconditional love given by an animal is such an amazing feeling, it’s important to consider adopting a pet that can provide your children with values, happiness, and an important emotional bond.
There are countless benefits that can be drawn from their bonds as pets tend to improve the quality of life of the whole family, reduce stress and depression, and promote physical and mental balance.
Some of the things that the baby learns throughout this journey are as follows:
- When a child has a pet that they love, they tend to be responsible for caring for and feeding them in a free, humane, and generous way.
- Feeling responsible for taking care of an animal will greatly improve the child’s self-esteem. They will feel useful, know that they’re doing a good job, and gain a lot of confidence in their abilities.
- A good environment that embodies a relationship between the child and their pet will improve the child’s integration into the family. An animal can be a very strong uniting force between family members.
- Learning to respect the pet from a young age will make the child aware of the need to respect other people, their surroundings, and the environment.
- Children who know that they’re doing a good job taking care of their pet will feel more competent and secure in themselves. As such, they’ll feel more responsible and have more emotional balance.
- A pet is an excellent source of support for children during hard times. The unconditional companionship of an animal can alleviate sadness and fear.